- William Hastie - First African-American Governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Robert C. Weaver - Former U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Clifford L. Alexander, Jr. - Secretary, Department of the Army.
- Lawrence Douglas Wilder - Former Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Togo West - Secretary of the Army.
- James E. "Jim" Clyburn - The House Majority Whip in the 110th Congress. (2nd Black to hold that position).
- Rev. Jesse Jackson - Founder of both entities that merged to form Rainbow/PUSH. Candidate for the United States Presidency in 1984 and 1988. Served as ?Shadow Senator? for DC from 1991 to 1997.
- Vernon E. Jordan, Jr. - 2001 Springarn Medal recipient. Executive Director of United Negro College Fund and a former president of the National Urban League. He also served as a close adviser to President Bill Clinton.
- Clarence Lightner - 1st Black Mayor of Raleigh, NC. Held the posts of the Director of the CDC and the Administrator of the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry from 1993 to 1998.
- Walter E. Washington - 1st Home-Rule mayor of the District of Columbia. Former Executive Director of the National Capital Housing Authority.
- George L.P. Weaver - Former U.S. Secretary of Labor.
- Kendrick B. Meek - Congressman serving the 17th Congressional District of Florida since 2003. A former trooper with the Florida Highway Patrol where he became Florida's 1st African-American to promoted to the rank of Captain.
From Left to Right:
- Dr. Ernest Everett Just - Internationally known biologist and professor at Howard University.
- Dr. Charles Drew - Perfected the use of blood plasma; Professor of Surgery at Howard University.
- Percy Julian - Discovered the use of foam to extinguish fires and discovered a method of producing cortisone synthetically.
- Charles Bolden - Astronaut, graduate of the United States Naval Academy (pilot). NASA Administrator (July 17, 2009 - present).
- Dr. Ronald E. McNair - Astronaut, graduate of M.I.T., Ph.D. in Physics (civilian).
- Dr. Fred Drew Gregory - Astronaut, graduate of the United States Air Force Academy (pilot).
- Dr. Hildrus Poindexter - Bacteriologist who studied the epidemiology of tropical diseases.